Defender Firewall & Malware
From the plugin developers:
Defender adds the best in WordPress security to your website with just a few clicks. Stop brute force attacks, SQL injections, cross-site scripting XSS, and other WordPress vulnerabilities with Defender malware scans, firewall, and two-factor authentication login security.
No longer do you have to go through hideously complex settings and get a virtual PhD in security. Defender adds all the hardening and security tweaks you need.
Defender starts with a list of one-click hardening techniques that will instantly add layers of protection to your site.
Block hackers at every level:
- Two-factor authentication – passwords and mobile app verification codes
- Login masking – change the location of WordPress’s default login area
- Login lockout – failed login attempts lockout
- 404 Detection – automated block of bot IPs
- Geolocation IP lockout – block users based on location
- WordPress Security Firewall – block or whitelist IPs
- Disable trackbacks and pingbacks – spam prevention
- Core and server update recommendations – stay on top of your system
- Change default database prefix – they won’t find this
- Disable file editor – if they get in, they won’t get far
- Hide error reporting – don’t reveal your issues
- Update security keys – reset on-demand
- Prevent information disclosure – why tell them what you have
- Prevent PHP execution – because it’s daaaangerous
WordPress Security Scans
Run free malware scans that check WordPress for suspicious code. The Defender scan tool compares your WordPress install with the directory, reports changes and lets you restore the original file with a click.
Google 2-step Verification
Now you can easily join the millions of users that make their accounts safer with Google 2-Step Verification. Activate two-factor authentication and protect your account with both your password and your phone.
Firewall and IP Manager
Keep your site safe with Defender’s IP manager. Manually block specific IPs, import a list of banned IPs and set automated timed and permanent lockouts. Defender makes it easy to block and unblock specific locations quickly.
Brute force attacks are no match for Defender. Limit login attempts to stop users trying to guess passwords. Permanently ban IPs or trigger a timed lockout after a set number of failed login attempts.
Login Screen Masking
Defender makes it easy to move your login screen to a custom URL. Not only does login screen masking improve security, but it also lets you white label your login user experience and improves branding.
Defender detects when bots are being used to scan your site for vulnerabilities and shuts them down. The 404 limiter lets you stop the scan by detecting when a bot keeps visiting pages that do not exist, which can also save you from a giant strain on your site’s performance.
Notifications and Reports
Defender runs surveillance and sends notifications with information that matters.