This package includes a blogging site design with one year of hosting, custom domain name and email addresses. Learn how to create posts about anything you like. It could be about cookery, puppy training, family trees and more.
In the 3 hour tuition you will learn how to add interesting articles with images and share them to your social media accounts. Sessions are one to one in a relaxed environment at Wood Park House, or via Zoom which allows your screen to be shared.
What is the course about?
Learn how to manage, and promote your own blog. This is a beginner’s level course and experience in WordPress is not required.
If you are taking the course remotely you will need:
- Internet connection. The classes work best with Chrome.
- A computer with microphone and camera.
- A free Zoom account.
- A note pad and pen.
If you are taking the course in person you will need to bring a laptop.
What will we cover?
Creating a blog using your own custom domain on One.com.
- Personalising your blog via the “Theme”.
- Adding “Pages” – web page content and “Posts” to your blog.
- Using Categories and Tags – to arrange your content and make it easier to find.
- Sharing to Social Media.
What will I achieve?
By the end of this course you should be able to…
- Add, edit and delete text content to your blog.
- Add media content (pictures, video, and sound) to your blog .
- Link to other content on the web .
- Use WordPress Widgets to add more content,
- Maintain and monitor your blog.
What level is the course and do I need any particular skills?
This course is aimed at beginners. You should have good computing skills and experience of using a web browser on a PC or Mac. Students need to be able to access their email, be confident with accessing pictures and files on their computers and a competent user of both the internet and email.